Hearts of Hope Australia is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a visitor to our website. We take the issue of privacy very seriously and value the trust you place in us each time you use our services. The following statement describes the practices and policies we have put in place to safeguard your personal information that may be gathered and used as you visit our website.
The policy was last updated on 25 Apr 2016 and may change from time to time. If you have any questions about our privacy policies, we encourage you to contact us using any of the methods outlined at the end of our Privacy Statement.
Hearts of Hope Australia
39 Crystal Downs Drive
Blackmans Bay TAS 7052
Phone: (03) 6266 3184
Mobile: 0417 285-445
Hearts of Hope Australia collects information on this site as outlined in this privacy statement. We also utilise the following third-party service providers to add functionality to our site and to help us collect this information:
Webhosting and related services such email delivery
- Mail Chimp
Mailing List Services
Please visit their websites to view these organisations’ privacy statements.
(i) Automatic Collection of Information:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website our system will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and is used in an aggregate way to help us improve our website and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day. Our web server automatically collects and records the following information:
- The visitor’s domain name and IP address
- Aggregate information on what pages are accessed,
- The operating system, web browser and settings used to access the website,
- Date and time you access our site, and
- The address of the website that linked to us.
(ii) Permission-based Collection of Information:
At different places on our site depending upon the feature you use, you may be asked to volunteer personal information such as your name, email, mailing address, telephone number and medical details. The following information is collected with your permission at this website:
- Personal, health and identification information gathered through user site registration,
- Survey information including personal identification information or anonymous user survey information,
- The names and e-mail addresses of those who use a feedback form, subscribe to our newsletter or post messages to our forum, chat areas or group mail.
The e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail.
The information we gather automatically and with your permission during your visit to our website is used in the following ways:
- Monitor, review and analyse website usage,
- Modify and enhance the website and its content,
- Determine the need for new services,
- Respond to your requests and distribute news,
- Notify visitors about our website updates.
- Monitor and improve our support efforts, and
- Customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor.
Additionally, personal information submitted via the membership form (excluding telephone numbers and addresses) is published on our website. Please do not include details that you want to keep private.
We do not rent, sell, or exchange personally identifiable information or the information automatically gathered during your visit to this website (name, URL, traffic counts and other website utilisation data) to any third-party organization.
(i) Review of Personal Information:
Upon request we will provide site visitors with access to the:
- Information that we maintain about them,
- Communications that the visitor has directed to our site (eg. emails, visitor inquiries etc), and
- Contact information that we maintain about them (eg. Name, address, phone number).
(ii) How to Access and Correct Personal Information:
Visitors can access and request correction to this information by contacting us. Our contact details are listed at the bottom of this page.
(iii) Requesting No Email, Postal or Phone Communication:
We may send you information that may be of interest to you (eg. health and website news, upcoming events etc,) by email, regular post, or telephone. If you do not wish to receive such communications by any or all of these methods, please let us know.
- Store and sometimes track visitor preferences,
- Alert visitors to new areas that we think might be of interest to them when they return to our site, or
- To record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our site.
We will never link the cookie to your personal information and/or health-related information.
Some websites require you to provide personal information through a registration process in order to take advantage of certain website features and to access content areas. For example, a registration form might request your name, telephone number and e-mail address. You might also be asked to voluntarily provide a list of health topics that you are interested in so your website experience. Access to some of the features on the Hearts of Hope Australia website requires registration and the disclosure of some personal information.
At this time, we do not process credit card payments for donations, merchandise, or services on our website.
We recognize that many people are concerned about the privacy and protection of information as it is transmitted over the Internet. You should keep in mind that the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any email message you send over the Internet. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
Websites often provide links that offer direct access to other useful or interesting sites holding potential value to site visitors. Inclusion of the other sites by links does not imply any endorsement of the material or information on the other sites.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our website.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future:
- We will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses, and
- We will post the policy changes to our website. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our website periodically.